Referral Agreements and the Health Center Program
Do you need support navigating the HRSA requirements regarding referral agreements? Do you want to learn strategies to confirm that your health center’s referral agreements include the required elements?
Confusion regarding referral agreements in the health center program is common and is often the basis for non-compliance findings.
During this webinar the presenter will summarize the required elements of referral agreements, with a deep dive into certain elements that often are misunderstood, such as the referral provider’s obligation to discount fees. The presenter will share strategies to achieve compliance and will provide a broad referral agreement checklist, as well as several sample terms.
In this webinar, the presenter will discuss the answers to commonly asked questions, like:
- Are written referral agreements required for each referral relationship?
- Do the requirements applicable to referral agreements extend to a health center’s inpatient continuity of care arrangements?
- What are the necessary elements of a referral agreement?
- Must the referral provider discount its fees?
- How do I distinguish a referral agreement (i.e., Form 5A column III) from a contract (i.e., Form 5A column II) for in-scope services?
- Health Center Executive Staff
- Administrative/Operations Leadership and Staff
- Compliance Officers
- Contract Management Staff
- Other Staff Assisting with HRSA Compliance and/or OSV Preparation
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the intersection as between a health center’s Form 5A and the required referral agreements.
- Identify which of your health center’s referral relationships require a HRSA-compliant referral agreement.
- Confirm that your health center’s referral agreements include the HRSA-mandated provisions.
Carrie Riley is a Partner in the health law practice group. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including Title X grantees and subrecipients and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. Carrie also provides counsel on transactional matters, including formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training arrangements. Prior to going to law school, Carrie worked at a Title X regional training center for several years. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executive Staff; Administrative/Operations Leadership and Staff; Compliance Officers; Contract Management Staff; Other Staff Assisting with HRSA Compliance and/or OSV Preparation
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.