Part I (Live) - Introduction - Risk Assessment & Emergency Planning
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Rule, issued in November 2016, gave Medicare and Medicaid participating providers and suppliers (including health centers) one year to meet the compliance requirements. In November 2017, CMS began surveying providers and suppliers for compliance. The surveying process has provided important insight into how health centers can demonstrate compliance with the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule.
Join us for Part I of the webinar series, which focuses on the requirement to conduct a risk assessment and develop an emergency plan.
Part I - Introduction - Risk Assessment & Emergency Planning
- CMS EP Rule Background, Purpose and Timeline
- EP Rule Core Element 1 Requirements - Overview + FQHC Conditions of Participation
- Brief Overview of Emergency Management Concepts
- Hazards and Risk Assessment
- Emergency Management Planning
The RECORDED WEBINAR is available either separately or as an add-on at check out.
Join us for the rest of the series:
Part II - Policies & Procedures - Integrated Health Systems (September 13, 2018)
Part III - Communication Plan (September 20, 2018)
Part IV - Training and Testing (September 27, 2018)
A partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce-related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Alexander Lipovtsev has been working with New York’s primary care sector since 2006 when he became a treatment coordinator for a Patient-Centered Medical Home outpatient clinic in Manhattan, which is part of a larger organization providing various services for people with disabilities and their families. Since then, he has worked at several primary care sites and was promoted to Senior Practice Manager overseeing operations of two outpatient clinic sites in Brooklyn, NY, as well as providing counseling to primary care patients as a clinical social worker. Alexander worked as a program manager for a managed care organization, where he assisted with designing, developing and implementing several managed care products. [Full Bio]
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
If you would like to add the recorded version of the live webinar to your purchase for an additional $50, please click the checkbox above.
The recorded webinar is available for 60 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once your purchase is complete and the recorded webinar is posted, you can re-access the webinar at any time by clicking “My Account” in the top right hand corner of the page or by selecting it from the “My Training” box on your homepage. Recorded webinars will be available for viewing 48 hours after the live webinar. For additional information on our webinar procedures, please visit our FAQ page.
An unlimited number of participants can experience a live or recorded webinar by broadcasting it on a projection screen and watching it together. A single login can gain access to the webinar and be issued a certificate. The record of attendance form can be accessed under the certificate link within the activity. For more information on live and recorded webinars, please refer to our FAQ section.
Please note: All registrations made within 3 hours of the live webinar must be completed using a credit card.
- No refunds for no-shows; however if requested, registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.