Managing Reopening Risks
Many health centers, behavioral health providers, and Ryan White grantees maintained clinical staffing during the COVID-19 public health emergency while scaling back non-clinical programs and implementing telework for their administrative staff. Now, as state and local governments begin to reopen, these organizations must determine whether and how to bring program and admin staff members back on-site. While all employers must consider the compliance risks related reopening, these organizations face additional risks depending upon the number and type of clinic and admin sites they have, whether they own or rent the sites, and whether clinic and admin spaces are blended at the sites.
Understanding these risks and how they apply to your organization are the first steps to successfully transitioning staff members back to their worksites. This webinar will identify key compliance and regulatory requirements and provide a framework for assessing your organization’s risks. The presenters will also identify strategies to incorporate the reopening risk assessment process into your organization’s compliance and risk management activities.
- Clinical providers, including federally-qualified health centers, behavioral health organization and Ryan White (RWHAP) grantees
- Compliance Officers and Risk Managers
- C-Suite, including CEOs, Human Resources and Administrative Leaders
- Site Leadership
- Legal/General Counsel
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify common compliance risks for health centers and other clinical providers when determining whether and how to bring program and admin staff members back on-site
- Document the organization’s assessment of risks and implementation of mitigation strategies
- Develop a reopening communication strategy for staff members, the Board and the community
A Partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
As Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Clinical providers, including federally-qualified health centers, behavioral health organization and Ryan White (RWHAP) grantees, Compliance Officers and Risk Managers, C-Suite, including CEOs, Human Resources and Administrative Leaders, Site Leadership, and Legal/General Counsel.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to five (5) out of seven (7) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.