Health Center Compliance: Fundamentals
This two-day training is designed for health center compliance officers who are either new to their role or for health centers that are launching new compliance programs or initiatives. The curriculum is focused on the seven elements of a compliance program, addressing implementation challenges and developing strategies to assess the compliance risks in your health center.
This training will include:
- Educational sessions on each of the seven elements of a compliance program, including updates on compliance program guidance issued by the Office of the Inspector General and the Department of Justice;
- Best practices on implementing a compliance program in a health center with examples from a variety of health center from across the country; and,
- Resources such as FTLF’s compliance program work plan template with objectives and activities that can be modified to fit your health center, as well as compliance updates from the attorneys of FTLF.
You'll leave with:
- A work plan that will help you implement the seven elements of a compliance program in your health center
- Strategies to assess and address substantive compliance risk areas
- New professional contacts that encounter the same challenges you face everyday
Please note: this training has been developed specifically for health centers. If you are not a health center and would like to register for this training, please contact the FTLF Training Team.
Monday, April 15, 2019
9:00 am - 4:45 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 am - 9:30 am|
Introductions and Overview
|9:30 am - 10:30 am|
Compliance Program Background
Element One: Compliance Program Structure
|10:30 am - 10:45 am||Break|
|10:45 am - 12:30 pm|
Element One (continued):
Compliance Program Structure
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch and Compliance Conversation|
|1:30 pm - 1:45 pm||Break|
|1:45 pm - 3:15 pm||Element Two: Written Compliance Standards|
|3:15 pm - 3:30 pm||Break|
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm||Element Three: Training and Education|
|4:30 pm - 4:45 pm||Wrap-Up|
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 am - 10:15 am||Element Four: Open Lines of Communication|
|10:15 am - 10:30 am|
|10:30 am - 12:30 pm|
Element Five: Monitoring and Auditing
|12:30 pm - 2:00 pm|
Lunch and Compliance Conversation
|2:00 pm - 3:00 pm|
Element Six: Responding to Detected Offenses
Element Seven: Enforcing Disciplinary Standards
|3:00 pm - 3:45 pm|
Compliance Work Plan Development and Implementation
|3:45 pm - 4:00 pm||Wrap-Up|
Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End
Kimpton Hotel Palomar DC
The Wink - Washington, DC
The St. Gregory Hotel - Dupont Circle
Kimpton Hotel Madera
The Embassy Row Hotel
The Dupont Circle Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn - Washington DC/Georgetown Area
Embassy Suites - Georgetown
As Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
A partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 14.40 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Compliance, Privacy and Security Officers; Risk Managers; Chief Operating Officers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer without a fee will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds, transfers, or credits will be granted.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.