Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Opportunities in CY2023
Access the on-demand workshop here.
CCBHCs are outpatient behavioral health providers that furnish a wide array of mental health and substance use disorder services. They are required to serve all consumers in the community regardless of ability to pay. The CCBHC model promises to expand quickly over the coming years. Because of a recent change in federal law, every State will have an opportunity to apply to take part in the CCBHC demonstration by 2030, whereas currently, only 12 states participate. Additionally, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has recently issued another funding opportunity for individual grants (“expansion grants”) to clinics to develop a scope of service consistent with the CCBHC requirements.
In this training, Susannah Vance Gopalan and Carrie Riley will provide in-depth information on the CCBHC program requirements, the CCBHC Medicaid demonstration program, and SAMHSA expansion grants. The presenters will provide an overview of recently issued SAMHSA draft guidance revising the CCBHC certification criteria that will apply in States participating in the Medicaid demonstration. The CCBHC model requires CCBHCs to engage in care coordination relationships with other providers in the community, and the training will place focus particularly on CCBHC care coordination agreements and agreements with designated collaborating organizations (DCOs) that furnish services on behalf of CCBHCs.
- C-suite leaders within safety net outpatient health organizations (community health centers, community behavioral health entities, etc.)
- Clinical managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations
- Finance, billing, or revenue cycle managers within safety-net outpatient health organizations
After this training, you will be able to:
- Explain the basic features of the CCBHC program requirements in federal legislation
- Understand about the different policy vehicles available for community-based providers to implement the CCBHC model
- Identify key features of care coordination and DCO arrangements with CCBHCs
Thursday, February 23, 2023
11:00 am - 3:30 pm ET
|11:00- 11:45 a.m.||Overview of CCBHC Criteria in Federal Legislation|
|11:45 a.m. - 12:00 pm||Break|
|12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||The Status of the CCBHC Model Today: Update on Demonstration Expansion, SAMHSA Expansion Grants, and State Plan Amendments|
|1:00 - 1:15 p.m.||Break|
|1:15 - 2:00 p.m.||Care Coordination and Designated Collaborating Organization (DCO) Arrangements|
|2:00 - 2:15 p.m.||Break|
|2:15 - 2:45 p.m.||Frequently Asked Questions about Developing a CCBHC Model|
|2:45 - 3:00 p.m.||Questions and Wrap-up|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-200-3822.
SUSANNAH VANCE GOPALAN
Susannah is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. Susannah brings regulatory expertise to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has experience negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
Carrie Riley is a Partner in the health law, non-profit and corporate law, and federal grants law practice groups. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including Title X grantees and subrecipeints, and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. Carrie also provides counsel on transactional matters, including formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training arrangements. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 4.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite leaders within safety net outpatient health organizations, Clinical Managers, Financial, Billing, or Revenue Cycle Managers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 3.75 Certificate of Attendance
TRAINING IS RECORDED
The recorded version of this training is included in your purchase and will be available within approximately seven (7) business days of the live event.
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.