CARES Act Money is Out! Now What?
Last week, many Health Centers received their Notice of Grant Awards for the CARES Act funding. These awards provide funding to support the detection of coronavirus (SARSCoV-2) and/or the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For example, this funding can be used to maintain or increase health center capacity and staffing levels.
After receiving your Notice of Award (NOA), within 30 days of your award release date, you must submit the following:
- SF-424A Budget Form
- Budget Narrative
- Budget Narrative Overview
- Equipment List Form (if applicable)
- Minor A/R Project Information (if applicable)
We want to help ensure that your use of CARES Act funds gets off on the right foot! On this webinar, we will review an actual (redacted!) NOA received by a health center under the CARES Act. Walking through the NOA line by line, we will explain the requirements of this new grant funding and identify provisions under the Uniform Guidance that are important to keep front of mind as you use these special funds.
- Health Center Leadership / C-Suite
- Fiscal Management Personnel
- Project Managers and other Grants Management Staff
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Describe the requirements of awards under the CARES Act and how they differ from “regular” Section 330 funding
- Understand the unique budgeting and grant application process for specialized grant awards
- Identify any changes you need to make in your financial management system or financial processes to properly document your use of CARES Act funds (and similar funding that may be coming)
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. Ted's priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Leadership / C-Suite, Fiscal Management Personnel, Project Managers and other Grants Management Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.