The 340B Program: Understanding Basic Requirements and Pharmacy Operations
The 340B drug discount program has become a critical component of most health center and federal grantee safety-net programs. Despite its importance, the program is often misunderstood and intimidating for people who are not familiar with pharmacy processes. This half-day training is intended to explain in plain terms what the program is, why it exists, a covered entity’s obligations, and how a program operates both inside a center and when contracted pharmacies are used. The training is designed to go farther than basic overviews without getting deep into the minutiae of 340B program operations. The presenters, Jason Reddish and Michael Glomb, have more than 35 years’ combined experience advising safety-net providers on 340B program operations, and have presented dozens of conference sessions and intensive trainings.
- Compliance Professionals
- Staff New to the 340B Program
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand in conversational terms what the 340B program is intended to do for safety net providers, and basic compliance obligations
- Be able to think in broad terms about the reasoning 340B program diversion and Medicaid billing requirements and expectations
- Develop a strategy for 340B program implementation and growth
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET
12:00 pm - 12:15 pm
Introductions and Agenda Setting
12:15 pm - 1:00 pm
What is the 340B Program?
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
General Obligations and 340B Operations of Covered Entities
2:00 pm - 2:15 pm
2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
The Role of Contract Pharmacies
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm
Inquiries and Audits
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm
General Q&A and Wrap Up
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-200-3822.
A Partner with the firm, Mike practices in the Federal Grants and Health Law groups, and has over three decades of experience advising community-based organizations on a broad range of legal matters. Specifically, he offers guidance to Federally Qualified Health Centers, other federal grantees, and several professional and trade associations on the 340B drug discount program, tax exemption, grants law, and fraud matters. [Full Bio]
Jason focuses his practice on the federal 340B drug discount program and the complex legal and compliance issues facing safety net providers, pharmacies, and other 340B program stakeholders. Jason began his career representing pharmaceutical manufacturers before finding his passion helping 340B program covered entities, including disproportionate share hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinics, and other grantees navigate the 340B program. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 4.50 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite, Compliance Professionals, Staff new to the 340B program
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 3.75 Certificate of Attendance
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer without a fee will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.