340B Drug Discount Program Compliance (In-Person)
Please note: this training is limited to covered entities. Contact Us if you are not a covered entity and would like to attend this workshop.
The federal 340B drug discount program has become critically important to the mission of safety net providers, including certain hospitals, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program grantees, and other covered entities. In recent years, compliance with Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and its Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) guidelines has become increasingly complex.
FTLF offers this three-day intensive training session designed for health center and covered entity executives and staff members who are responsible for or closely involved in the operation and compliance of the center’s pharmacy program. Whether your entity is new to the 340B program or has been participating in the program for years, the curriculum is designed to address current challenges including:
- Compliance with 340B program requirements
- Billing, reimbursement, and sliding fee discount scale issues
- Medicaid and duplicate discount compliance
- Referral and discharge prescriptions
- Scope of grant and site participation considerations
- 340B drug inventory management approaches
- Policy and procedure development
- Development of in-house pharmacies
- Contract pharmacy and vendor issues
- Preparing for the future of 340B
Participants can expect to leave the training not only with a greater understanding of the 340B program, but with tools (including samples and checklists) they can take back to their health centers to develop robust policies and procedures and implement compliant 340B programs.
- 340B Covered Entity Executive Staff
- Financial Leadership
- Pharmacy/340B Staff
- Legal/Compliance Teams
After this training, you will be able to:
- Develop 340B policies and procedures that demonstrate health center compliance with 340B program requirements
- Prepare for a HRSA Office of Pharmacy Affairs 340B program audit, understand what to expect, and be informed of options when responding to adverse audit findings
- Use a deeper understanding of 340B program compliance expectations to respond to any situation that might arise
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 am - 9:30 am||Introductions and Icebreaker|
|9:30 am - 10:00 am|
|10:00 am - 11:00 am|
|11:00 am - 11:15 am|
|11:15 am - 12:00 pm|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm|
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm|
Wrap-Up Diversion and Duplicate Discounts and Answer Questions
|1:45 pm - 2:45 pm||Medicaid Reimbursement|
|2:45 pm - 3:00 pm||Break|
|3:00 pm - 3:45 pm|
Private Entities and Reimbursement
|3:45 pm - 4:45 pm||340B Compliance Case Studies on Day 1 Material|
|4:45 pm - 5:00 pm||Wrap-Up Day 1 and Answer Questions|
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am|
|9:00 am - 10:30 am||Contract Pharmacies - Where to begin with contract pharmacy compliance?|
|10:30 am - 10:45 am|
|10:45 am - 11:15 am|
Disputes with Vendors
|11:15 am - 12:00 pm||In-House Pharmacy - What is the future of in-house pharmacy models?|
|12:00 pm - 12:30 pm||Non-Audit Inquiries|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|1:30 pm - 2:15 pm|
Current 340B Manufacturer Challenges
Legislation and Regulation
|2:15 pm - 3:00 pm|
How to Prepare for Audits
|3:00 pm - 3:15 pm||Break|
|3:15 pm - 4:15 pm|
How to Respond to Audits
|4:15 pm - 4:45 pm||340B Compliance Case Studies on Day 2 Material|
|4:45 pm - 5:00 pm||Training Wrap-Up|
AC Hotel by Marriott (0.1 mi)
St. Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle** (0.2 mi)
Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End** (0.3 mi)
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Georgetown Area** (0.3 mi)
West End Washington DC, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (0.3 mi)
Washington Marriott Georgetown (0.4 mi)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC Georgetown (0.4 mi)
** Discounted Rate available through FTLF link
A Partner with the firm, Mike practices in the Federal Grants and Health Law groups, and has over three decades of experience advising community-based organizations on a broad range of legal matters. Specifically, he offers guidance to Federally Qualified Health Centers, other federal grantees, and several professional and trade associations on the 340B drug discount program, tax exemption, grants law, and fraud matters. [Full Bio]
Jason, a Partner with the firm, focuses his practice on the federal 340B drug discount program and the complex legal and compliance issues facing safety net providers, pharmacies, and other 340B program stakeholders. Jason began his career representing pharmaceutical manufacturers before finding his passion helping 340B program covered entities, including disproportionate share hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinics, and other grantees navigate the 340B program. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 12.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Pharmacists and others working with the 340B program
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 12.50 Certificate of Attendance
COVID-19 Safety Measures
FTLF is committed to the health and safety of attendees during the 340B Drug Discount Program Compliance training in Washington, DC.
Vaccinations are highly encouraged for all participants, and face masks covering the nose and mouth will be required to be worn throughout the event. Attendees should maintain distance from others and frequently wash hands. Masks will be available for those who need them, and antibacterial hand sanitizers will be provided to all attendees.
FTLF is actively monitoring guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state and local governments and may make adjustments to align with any updated recommendations.
TRAINING IS NOT RECORDED
This training will not be recorded for later viewing, as we would like attendees to be comfortable and candid, sharing their experiences and asking scenario-based questions. The discourse between the attorneys and participants is a valued part of each training.
(Through September 29)
(September 30 - December 6)
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3-6
Groups of 7-10
Groups of 11-15
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN I TRANSFER FROM IN-PERSON TO THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM?
Yes, you can transfer from attending in-person to virtually. Please note that no refunds of the price difference, if any, will be given. All transfer requests must be submitted in writing.